I made a really good choice this afternoon when I decided to buy a coffee at work. I was falling asleep, but now I’m not, and I’m also feeling very optimistic. I may also be a little hyper, which is making me want to blog, but not put too much effort into writing a well-articulated post.
So, a quick-fire approach to recapping my recent life:
- I went to a yoga class on Thursday with my friend Katie. It was a lot of fun and felt really good. It was my first time ever doing yoga in a studio. I want to see if I can make it again this week.
- I did the ice bucket challenge after my brother nominated me:
I was nominated by @josh__leggett to do the ALS #icebucketchallenge. None of the people I am nominating are on Instagram, but I wanted to share here as well to encourage you to research the horrible disease that a ALS and consider donating to the ALSA or another organization that is working to find a cure. As well as doing the challenge, I will be donating!
- Matt and I spent the weekend with his parents, originally for the Crim, but then we hung out longer and had a fun time.
- I attempted to run the 10-mile at the Crim on Saturday morning, despite the hip issues I had been dealing with. By mile two, my hip was starting to get tight, and before the six-mile mark, it was pretty much shot. I walked the majority of the final 4.5 miles after hanging out with course volunteers for 10-20 minutes. I finished in two and a half hours and I was pretty bored walking because all the walkers around me had friends to chat with, but I was by myself. Regardless, I covered the distance, so that is something to be proud of, even though it could have gone a million times better and I could be a million times healthier.
- On Sunday afternoon, we went shopping at an outlet mall and I managed to get a pair of shoes, plus six pairs of no-show socks, for $32!
- My final semester of college starts in a week, so I have been preparing for the job-hunting process. It’s both exciting and stressful, but mostly exciting.
- My bike is finished being repaired, so I get to pick it up tomorrow after work and I will get to ride it when we go up north this weekend. 🙂
- Matt and I are seeing the series 8 premier of Doctor Who, “Deep Breath,” in a theater tonight!
Have you been up to anything exciting? Do tell!